Mali Lošinj

Mali Lošinj is the largest town on the island of Lošinj. It has developed in the thirteenth century from a settlement called Malo selo in a bay under Varšak. The name Lošinj was first mentioned in documents dating to 1384. The main square is triangular in shape and the construction of its seafront has been completed in 1926. The fountain on the square depicts two dolphins that spew fresh water coming from the Vranjsko lake. The fisherman sculpture is a symbol of Mali Lošinj competitions in underwater fishing. To the beautiful parish church of the Birth of Mary lead 245 steps.





Comments are closed.